Owner/Director February 2000 to September 2003
- Started company with two partners with the intention of establishing the business by building on previous knowledge and contacts in the automotive refinish market.
- Turnover approaching £1m this financial year. Outgrown home premises, moved to new industrial unit July 2002.
- Achieved contracts with two Dupont divisions.
SARTORIUS NORTH AMERICA INC., Sales and service of weighing and separation products into the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and beverage, education and Government industries.
President and CEO June 1997 to December 1999
· Restructured both divisions, developed new strategies to increase market share, introduced direct selling techniques, and radically improved customer service.
· Developed acquisition strategy for growth in a mature market. Improved manufacturing flexibility and responsiveness.
· Developed sales from $60m to $85m across six sites employing 450 staff, including two manufacturing plants
SARTORIUS AG. 450mDM headquarters of worldwide manufacture, sales and service.
International Business Unit Manager: Service April 1996-June 1997
· Introduced extensive new product groups to a traditional service business. Coordinated common service standards worldwide.
· Enabled the service group to promote sales of equipment as well as service contracts.
· Assisted in the development of service centres in Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Spain (Board Member) USA and UK
SARTORIUS LIMITED. Sales and service of weighing, separation, mixing, stirring and centrifuge products.
Managing Director August 1986-April 1996
· Relocated business, and developed from 6 to 14 million pounds turnover during two major recessions.
· Successfully introduced Investors in People program
Various positions form salesman to General Manager. January 1974-August 1986
· Assisted in the growth of the company from a staff of five to one hundred.
· Established product line as market leader in the UK
SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENT CENTRE. Sales of a variety of scientific and laboratory products
Technical Representative August 1971-December 1973
· Sales of balances, mixing and stirring equipment throughout the southern half of the UK
RANK ELECTRONIC TUBES. Research and development of cathode ray tubes
Research Assistant January 1971-August 1971
· Testing of aircraft head up display units, and radar installations
GAS COUNCIL. Testing electrical safety of gas appliances
Test Engineer April 1970-January 1971
UNILEVER. Production and quality control of animal fats
Laboratory Technician September 1966-April 1970
Additional information: Highly competitive in business and sporting activities. Experience in several different cultures has broadened management capabilities, and given an understanding of international business methods.